Monday 24 August 2009

Wedding thought of the day - 1349 days to go

My wedding is a long way off - we have buying our home to thank for this but I think a long engagement can be a wonderful thing. Take H2B for example, he is a strapping young man, bright eyed and bushy tailed at 22 and haggard ole me being 28 is bursting to get married. The long engagement will mean by the time that special day comes my man will be 26 and our relationship nearing 8 years. I think the bonuses of our engagement were that its length means H2B will have time to get used to the idea of marriage by living as married before the event meaning that most doubts he may have will be gone, and in the mean time me being engaged rather than just another girlfriend makes me feel wanted and secure, which by 28 is what I want and as I get older I will want it more!

All the same, seeing beautiful weddings and pretty things everywhere drives me nuts! Which is why I started this blog, to track my wedding thoughts and inspirations and to keep me sane in my 1349 day wait!

x a bride named Smith x 

No comments:

Post a Comment