Wednesday 26 August 2009

Venues - Home or Away?

When we got engaged in Dubrovnik in May we sat by the harbour and dipped our tootsies in the Adriatic Sea and talked about our wedding! We decided it would be about 4 years away (to the day - fingers x'd) and we thought about doing it abroad. A good friend of T's (now mine too) went to Sorrento earlier in the year and it looked stunning so we set about looking up Sorrento... And then I got my self in a bit of a tis-was. What about my vintage inspired-fest I want? How can I do that abroad? How about a BBQ? Why's everything so formal? How can I convey my hopes and dreams to someone I don't know! (I am a controller - I NEED to be hands on!). And our ideas for destination weddings were getting further afield - Africa, New York, New Zealand.... I was having a panic.

Then we found Trevenna

Its in Cornwall - just over the border from Devon, it is beautiful and I think the all inclusive deal is a steal as it includes so much! Check it out!

Image from Trevenna

The thing is now we have almost decided on this here venue (we are going to try and visit this one and a few other cornish ones towards the end of next year) we are having ideas like crazy about things we can do at home to make the wedding ours and to be honest I feel somewhat relieved.

x a bride named smith x

No comments:

Post a Comment